How To Buy A Gun Holster Guide



I have always desired to be one of those peoples who carry a holdup gun holster in addition to the main gun I have holstered on my girdle, but I found contentedly and successfully concealing a second gun holster to be a portion harder nut to blow than carrying the fi rest one. A friend of excavation has jested, about the number of guns you should carry, “Save addition guns holster until it begins interfering with your lifetime, then remove one.” Inappropriately, once I did that, the response came back.

There’s a motive the vast majority of persons who carry a gun holster ordinary use a strong-side cummerbund holster, it’s the most gamely concealable and contented place to put the gun holster. Ubiquitously else can be a bit of a pain. I tried concise holsters, meaningful some persons love them. In the forward-facing pants pocket, the holstered gun impression against the obverse of my thigh finished the pocket cloth troop me nuts. I find shoulder holsters tremendously painful.


Crossdraw was contented, but not concealable. For a while I carried a Smith & Wesson J-frame in a correct rear pants pocket confidential a pocket holster. The gun holster was levelheadedly accessible, but not actually comfortable. What I required to be by means of was an ankle rig, since once you rule out all else it’s really the only home left to carry a additional gun holster, but I could never find the right ankle holster or the correct gun for it.

The problem many individuals have through ankle carry is that we discovery it painful. In my experience, even however I have had ankle rigs constructed for me by some of the greatest acclaimed custom holster makers in the nation, I have continuously found ankle holsters to be gadgets of torture. Especially uncomfortable was the way the bottom of the group, which was unvaryingly made of skin, dug into my ankle.

The Galco Ankle Glove lastly led me to reenter this whole second gun/ankle holster notion. When I mentioned how problematic it was to find a contented ankle rig, numerous individuals recommended the Ankle Glove with comments like, “This is the most contented ankle holster I’ve always worn,” and “It’s the only ankle rig I can wear contentedly.” Well, obviously, I desirable to be examination that out.

This is a very perceptive design. In difference to most ankle rigs anywhere the wraparound band is skin, the Ankle Glove usages soft, stretchy, breathable neoprene through a Velcro closure. On the internal of that band, behindhand the holster itself is a pad of yellow sheepskin to avoid the gun holster from bitter into the wearer’s flesh. Just watching at this thing, beforehand I ever put it on, I might see how numerous people would call it the most contented ankle rig yet.