best way to wear an ankle holster



When I progressed from the Police School my father removed me to the native gun store and bought me a S&W 442 and a Bianchi Triad ankle holster. After I competent with it I ongoing to carry it on patrol. Afterward a couple of times, I would income it off and place it into my patrol bag on the chair next to me.

The gun was sunny, but the holster had to be tautened everywhere my ankle every so frequently and would become painful after time. I motionless have that gun, but do not carry it any longer. I take a Glock 27 that I practice for off-duty carry, but have not originate a way to carry it for on duty back up yet that I comparable. I’ve strained one ankle holster but found me hobbling or mobile humorous when I wore it.


LPD "People ask the change between a front-runner and a boss. . . The front-runner the whole thing in the open, and the boss in secret. The leader leads, and the boss energies." - Theodore Roosevelt. I've been an LEO for virtually 22 years, I've remained carrying a BUG in an ankle rig almost the complete time. I had a lot of godsend with the 642, which I occasionally still carry, by means of the Uncle Mike's nylon ankle rig.

Stitch a bar tack behindhand anywhere the trigger guard be seated, then nearly close the bottom of the holster up (any leather gunshot can do this informal). This consequences in an ankle rig that is very protected and will hold the gun in home even if you hold the rig upturned and shake.

I catch peoples bitch about ankle holsters fairly frequently. I have not ever come close to behind my BUG in all these years, and I consume had far additional than my portion of fights and foot pursuits. Not procurement crap holsters assistances. FWIW, Lou Alessia brands the Cadillac of ankle holsters, I have networks who use them, I just not ever required to spend over $100 for an ankle rig me, too abundant gun droopy up/out over the top of the holster form.